Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Smoothie mix-ins

I'm wondering what you think of Amazing Meal or Amazing Grass?
I keep seeing people in blogland adding this to smoothies; you know toss in a few handfuls of spinach, 1/2 a banana, some fruit, ice, soy milk and Amazing Grass - tada!  they are drinking a VERY green smoothie that everyone seems to love!  What is the scoop?
The ingredients seem okay, nothing too crazy in there, so I wandered over to their website and ordered some samples.  Samples!  What a great idea right? 
Boy am I glad I tried before I went hog wild and bought a tub!  lol... I started the experiment with wheat grass, which prior to this I had never tried before, so maybe it was just the shock of something new?
Let me tell you, wheat grass is not good.  I mean really bad!  lol.....
But that is the only bad thing I have to say.  :)
I have learned that I don't like wheat grass on it's own, but the rest of my sample pack was mighty tasty!  I, like Jamie over at Embracing Balance liked the Original better than any of the flavor varieties (the rest seemed too sweet for me), and I am not quite up to adding in spinach, but the addition did make for a tasty and nutritious smoothie!  :)
What are some of your favorite smoothie additions?

No comments: