Sunday, December 6, 2009

Port Townsend tree lighting


This weekend David and I skipped town in search of some Christmas spirit. We started out with some of the best homemade espresso, a quick hallway photo shoot, and some of the most amazing fog I have ever seen.
We took the Edmonds/Kingston ferry, and made our way to our favorite vacation destination - Port Townsend! :)

We had planned this vacation quite awhile ago, and our dates happened to land on the annual Port Townsend tree lighting celebration! I was very excited for carolers, Santa, and to see the lights.


We also had some amazing food at Hanazono Asian Noodle, if you make it there, I HIGHLY recommend the handmade gyoza and Tom Yum Soup! It was soooooo good, especially after standing outside to see Santa! :)

We saw our first glimpses of snow, and watched the birds fly south for the winter

I know that we have a ton of pictures going on here, but just a couple more! On our way home we stopped for a tree, David chopped and I helped carry, we had a great weekend! :)

How do you guys get in the spirit? :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a cute place!!

Thanks for the message, I will for sure let you know if we are coming that way!! We've been talking about it lots lately!!

Jaime said...

I LOVE Pt Townsend!!! I visited there during a trip from Victoria (hometown) down the Washington & Oregon coasts! We had a great time!

Veggies, Cake & Cocktails said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend!

I get in the holiday spirit by decorating my house. It also helps to walk around the city and look at all the wonderful holiday decorations.