We moved (a sweet two bedroom, well one bedroom and one guitar room lol...).
We ate, and celebrated birthdays this year with fancy restaurants. :)
I visited Mom in Oregon, this was the trip I didn't want to leave, it was like becoming friends with my Mom.
We picked berries and learned to make jam of all kinds. Next year I know we need a case of raspberry!
We impulsively took a weekend drive to look at a cafe in Oregon, we pretty much hated it on sight, but had an amazing little vacation. :)
I ran my first 5k, my first race, on my birthday. I loved looking forward to it, being nervous, and RUNNING the entire thing - no walk breaks!!! It was easily the best birthday gift I have ever given myself. Well that and the garmin! lol.....
Speaking of that garmin! After celebrating my birthday with a race I decided (or maybe discovered?) that I love running, and over the next couple months I worked up to weekend runs averaging just over 5 miles. I signed up for my first 15k an my first half marathon (both in 2012), so I'm excited to see what my highest garmin pic is for 2012!
Last but not least, I visited Mom in Hawaii for a week just before Christmas, ran on the beach and absorbed some beautiful sunshine! 2011 had some stressful spots, but also some treasured highlights! :)
Friday, December 30, 2011
(I am shocked that I can't find my 2011 list! lol... so unlike me! I will put together a list of my favorite 2011 moments soon)
Here is my little list for 2012, what is on yours? :)
Be more open to trying new projects or ideas.
Be healthy, take care of my body, love and be proud of myself.
Be budget conscious and work on saving.
Find some running buddies.
Kick butt at the races! 15K in 1:30, half marathon in 2:30!
Try making my own : Greek yogurt, Cheese, Sausage
My phrase for 2012: I can do anything!
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Sunday, December 25, 2011
1. I’m kind of having a lonely Christmas, and am really ready for the new year to begin.
2. I hope to loose 40 pounds in 2012.
3. I am really excited to go to Peru in April with my friend Heather, but am worried that I am not fit enough for all the things that she wants to do. I am determined to be by April though!
4. I am feeling pretty confident about my 15k scheduled in May.
5. I am excited to train for and run the half marathon in June!
6. I’m sad that my family doesn’t want to come to Seattle to cheer me on.
7. I love love love Chai tea :)
8. My goal for 2012 is to make some fit friends - maybe join a running group?
9. I am scared to run a marathon, but that is kind of what makes me want to do it.
10. I would really like to do a destination half/marathon - anyone up for it??? :D
… ok, I’m off to tag!
Saturday, December 24, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Monday, December 19, 2011
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Friday, December 16, 2011
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Tomorrow I am working an early shift and then meeting my Mom at the airport - we are off for a much needed Hawaiian vacation! I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing my Mom, running on the beach, eating all of the tropical fruits (yes I intend to eat them all!), and just taking a break. :)
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
And (!!!) an old friend from high school (who is amazing and runs ultras) asked to run a destination marathon with me! Maybe 2013? I immediately responded that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that! I need to make (or reconnect with?) healthy friends that would like to run! Yay for what is already shaping up to be an amazing 2012!!!
Monday, December 12, 2011
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Monday, December 5, 2011
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Day 1/31: 40 min walk during lunch (running errands) 10 mins push-ups/squats/crunches/ kneeling arm and leg reach 10 mins squats/ kneeling arm and leg reach