Sunday, May 13, 2012

Adding miles

With the half marathon looming I have been really good about getting in all of my long runs.  The short ones?  Not so much.  ...and that is a bit scary.  My distance pace isn't where I thought it was going to be, I was really hoping to be running 10 minute miles by now, but for anything over five miles I am doing closer to twelve or thirteen minutes per mile (well, I do a bit better when I am not getting lost in a very scenic neighborhood filled with dead end streets lol....). 
Next weekend is the Seattle's Best 15k.  Goal #1:  have fun, enjoy the scenery, be thankful when you finish.  Goal #2: finish in under two hours.  Goal #3: try to finish in under 1:45 (this is a stretch, but I really want to push myself and be proud of my time in the end).


No comments: