Sunday, April 28, 2013

Camelbak Dart 50oz.

 
After yesterday's 16 mile run, I can honestly give the Camelbak Dart 50oz two thumbs up - it covers everything on my ‘must do’ list, so I thought I would share!  :)

My favorite features:
Left side front pocket - let’s be honest, the twin front pocket styles of hydration packs are not designed for or flatering on girls with my shape. This pack has just one pocket, which is spacious (yesterday I kept a GU, my cell phone and a tissue in there) secure (nothing fell out, even while I was stretching), and placed to the side.
Easy access pocket at the bottom of the pack - I stored my back up gels here and was able to reach them while running/walking without taking off the pack.
Separate pocket and clip for my keys - there is a key clip and two mesh pockets on the top pocket. Perfect for my ID, credit card, a little cash, my bus pass and keys.
Adjustable while running - I have found it easy to tighten or adjust straps while running, and really have found this pack to fit well. It stays in place and doesn’t swish back and forth on my back while running. I also haven’t had any problems with it causing my shirt to move around.

The cons - the only bad thing I could say about this pack is that the guy at the running store said that anytime you carry water on your back or hips you are changing your gate.  I have noticed this a little bit, and to me it just feels a little like using new muscles which is something that I will get used to, but I would not recommend adding a hydration pack just before race day for this reason.

And I have to say that it is still cool here, I haven’t tested the chaffing issue with a tank top yet. :)

No comments: