Friday, February 19, 2010

Details


When I was a Junior in high school I took a trip to Washington DC. Alaska to DC was quite the experience when I was young, this was a school sponsored event to learn the inner workings of our government. We meet politicians, set off museum alarms (that was me actually, though I assure you I wasn't trying to steal my favorite painting), saw monuments, drove through nearby states and experienced our first musical (Hello Dolly....).



One of my roommates had a camera you would envy even now, her Dad had lent it to her for the trip, and at each destination she would take pictures of the tops of monuments. I remember thinking that she was taking pictures of things that I could never see.
Now, these are some of my favorite things to take pictures of, the tops, the details, macros, the little things that I can zoom in on later. I wish all of those details were at street level, maybe more people would appreciate them.
...and just for fun? This was then:

No comments: