Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hummus

'Yummy food in my tummy!' Hummus
(Hummus recipe from my boss, crazy title, but you may seriously want to lick the bowl clean.  Just warning you.)  :)
2 cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup tahini (sesame butter, ask your grocer if you can't find it, sometimes with hummus section, sometimes with peanut butters)
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne
pinch of ground black pepper

Put all ingredients besides garbanzo beans in your blender or food processor (I used a magic bullet and just mixed in batches).  Blend for 5 seconds.

Add garbanzo beans gradually, blend to desired consistency.

Dream of all of the delicious add ins, olives, red peppers, herbs......
I may never buy hummus again.
:) Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mmm yummy! :) I love Hummus! :)