Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Life list (a much longer list of goals)

I still plan on maintaining that little list of goals for the current year off to the right, but lets call this the ever popular life list; a long term list that will surely promote many revisions. :)

1. Focus on weight loss and being healthy! Reach my goal weight of 160 in 2010, and then maintain!
2. Continue running. I would like to be able to run 3 miles in 30 minutes, and be able to do so on a regular basis.
3. Build savings. (would love a 6 month cushion!)
4. Save for our retirement future.
5. Travel: Italy, the Florida Keys, New York, Boston, Maine, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Catalina, Caribbean, Olympic National Forest, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Spain, Orcas Island, Montana, Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, Camano Island.
6. Visit a hot spring.
7. Take a cooking class in three different countries.
8. Learn to make my own sushi.
9. Take up swimming during my lunch hour.
10. Learn to sail.
11. Find someone to take a crazy class with me. (A living 'out of the box' kind of experience)
12. Soak in a hot tub in the snow.
13. Explore small towns in Alaska; learn more about the state I was raised in and my heritage.
14. Read the Last New Land and A Dena'ina Legacy.
15. Take a Kenaitze class.
16. Work in at least 5 long bike rides a year.
17. Sleep in a beach hut above the ocean.
18. Be able to say I can do an unassisted pull up!
19. Take up hiking and possibly rock climbing.
20. Camp.
21. Sell the condo and buy a house.
21. Get a dog (at least one). :)
22. Take a screen printing class.
23. Take a furniture building or woodworking class.
24. Have an organic garden.
25. Convince my Dad build me a greenhouse. :)
26. Compost (with pet worms!)
27. Learn to make cheese.
28. Learn how to can fruits/jams/veggies.
29. Fly somewhere with David (this is in our lifetime honey, don't freak out!) :)
30. Quit my job in favor of my own business.
31. Illustrate a book.
32. Build and fly my own kite.
33. Ride in a hot air balloon.
34. Go zip lining.
35. Swim with dolphins.
36. Learn to dance (a real dance) :)
37. Pick up the yoga practice again.
38. Try hot yoga.
39. Go on a yoga/spa retreat.
40. Learn to speak conversational Spanish.
50. Learn some German (and use it with David).
51. Stay in an ice hotel.
52. Relearn how to ski (I swear I once knew how!)
53. Spend a month as a vegetarian.
54. Learn to do the splits.
55. Have an art studio.
56. Donate my hair to locks of love.
57. Take a vacation with my Mom.
58. Get married on a beach.
59. Have an art gallery showing.
60. Take a pottery class.
61. Own a wheel and kiln.
62. Take a watercolor class.
63. Buy (and use!) a sewing machine.
64. Make quilts and skirts.
65. Wear skirts more often (skirts + tights = cute!)
66. Make some new friends
67. Host at least one dinner party per year.




... to be continued. :)
What does your list contain?

2 comments:

Jess :) said...

I love this! So inspiring! Hoping we get to see you this summer (or soon) and hoping that you both are doing well! xoxoOOO

Anonymous said...

#57 make a plan girl, I'm there..MOM