Thursday, June 10, 2010

TJ's Fake Fried Rice

After reading TJ's Test Kitchen last night I knew dinner had to be 'fake fried rice'!  I didn't have all of her ingrediants, so I made a few adjustments, but you've got to try this - so easy and SO TASTY!  :)


TJ's Fake Fried Rice
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup egg beaters (I used one egg)
green onion-diced
1 1/2 cups frozen mixed veggies-defrosted
splash (or two) of soy sauce
1 clove of garlic-pressed
2 teaspoons olive oil
splash (or two) rice vinegar


I didn't have any green onion or frozen veggies, but did have regular onion, baby carrots, some broccoli, and about 10 shittaki mushrooms.  I diced everything very small, sauteed the onions, carrots, and mushrooms until tender, and then proceeded to her directions:

"In a large skillet or wok add oil, garlic-toss in rice and stir to mix & coat rice with oil/garlic. Add veggies (this is where I added the broccoli) and cook until heated through. Make a hole in middle of pan; add egg beaters and scramble until cooked. Stir entire pan, mixing egg into rice. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, and green onion."

I also added about 10 or so roughly chopped shrimp at the end - we buy the cleaned and pre-cooked frozen variety from Trader Joe's so they are super easy to thaw quickly in a bowl of water, and then toss in your dish of choice.

Yum!  This was an awesome treat, I am excited for lunch leftovers!  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is what I love about posting recipes! I love that you made it your own and added what you had and then some! I have added shrimp to it for more of a full meal. Love that you made it- so glad you enjoyed it! :) Thanks! :)