Sunday, May 17, 2009

Carrot Oatmeal Cookies

I have taken to weekend baking; I try to make some kind of healthy homemade snack each weekend, sack my loot up into individual bags, toss them into the freezer and distribute daily for workplace lunches. I have tried yogurt blueberry muffins, wheat and cranberry oatmeal cookies, and ginger snaps. Truthfully, while better than the candy and junk food these treats are helping me to avoid, they are not "healthy", but I have been reading a few new cooking/baking blogs, and this week I tried something a few steps away from my Betty Crocker cookies:

Carrot Oatmeal Cookies! No butter, no sugar, no eggs, just carrots, oats, wheat flour, coconut oil and maple syrup! (Well there are a few other things in there and I added flake coconut, but you get the idea! :)
The cookies turned out light and fluffy, I don't know if I would go so far as to say they remind me of a cookie because while flavorful, they are not sweet, but they did cure the craving for a cookie, so I'm going with it! :) I think next week I am going to try a peanut butter cookie recipe from the same website (read: as healthy as I have ever seen a cookie be!), I will keep you posted!

No comments: