Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ground Up

Good Morning all!
I just finished Michael Idov's Ground Up, a story of a New York couple living off a semi-trust fund trying to make an honest living while running their dream Viennese coffee shop.
Now, you know I love all things coffee, so I was immediately intrigued by this book; thought I might learn a thing or two, David and I have certainly tossed the idea of starting our own coffee shop (book store, bakery, ice cream shop, gallery....) around. However, while I did like this often wordy, very dry novel based on the author's own experiences, I did not love it.
I just felt that he was trying to read like the New Yorker, trying to have more to say that he really did, and in the process lost much of the experiance.
...but you decide for yourself, let me know what you think if you read the book! :)

No comments: