Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Poking and Proding

All cancers/disease scare the crap out of me, but breast cancer hits a bit too close to home. My Mom is a breast cancer survivor, and so each year we compare appointment dates and keep our fingers crossed for the outcome.
I am surprised by how many of my friends and their families have dealt with breast cancer, they say 1 in 1,000 will get some kind of breast cancer during their lifetime, and really the only way to fight back is to go to those annual exams.

Early detection increases your rate of survival to 95%!

So, I know is isn't National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I know that the 'girly doctor' is NOT a fun place to visit, but go. Make an appointment, get your annual exam, and if breast cancer runs in your family, don't be afraid to get a mammogram. Survival is always worth a day of poking and proding.
lol... After you do it, send me an email, we can bitch about it together. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good reminder for all of us to take care of ourselves! :)