Here is the recipe right from the source:
Rachel Ray Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey (or chicken if that's your thing)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 4 oz extra old white cheddar, crumbled (light cheddar does NOT work the same)
- eyeballed handful of grill seasoning (like Montreal Steak Spice)
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 4 buns
- grainy mustard
- optional: mayo, tomato, lettuce, etc.
Note: these have to be grilled on a Foreman or some such appliance (or in a frying pan) because if you cook them on a regular BBQ type grill, the cheese just drips through the grates and is lost.
- Preheat grill.
- Mix together (with your hands people!) the meat, onions, cheese, seasoning & horseradish. Divide into four even balls and form into patties.
- Grill (3-4 minutes per side).
- The original recipe recommends cranberry sauce and the grainy mustard. We use light mayo and the grainy mustard, and top ours with tomato slices (and lettuce if we have it).