Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Burgers


I am a kitchen mulit-tasker, I love to have several things going at the same time, and Wednesday was no different! Cranberry sauce was bubbling while I threw together the ingredients to make maybe the tastiest turkey burger I have ever had! I found the recipe over at Embracing Balance, and have passed it on to some work friends and my Mom - it is really that good! (Everything is good with cheese right?) :)
Here is the recipe right from the source:

Rachel Ray Turkey Burgers

  • 1 lb extra lean ground turkey (or chicken if that's your thing)
  • 2-3 green onions, chopped
  • 4 oz extra old white cheddar, crumbled (light cheddar does NOT work the same)
  • eyeballed handful of grill seasoning (like Montreal Steak Spice)
  • 2 tbsp horseradish
  • 4 buns
  • grainy mustard
  • optional: mayo, tomato, lettuce, etc.

Note: these have to be grilled on a Foreman or some such appliance (or in a frying pan) because if you cook them on a regular BBQ type grill, the cheese just drips through the grates and is lost.

  • Preheat grill.
  • Mix together (with your hands people!) the meat, onions, cheese, seasoning & horseradish. Divide into four even balls and form into patties.
  • Grill (3-4 minutes per side).
  • The original recipe recommends cranberry sauce and the grainy mustard. We use light mayo and the grainy mustard, and top ours with tomato slices (and lettuce if we have it).
I will be making this again! :) I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

No comments: