Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The 30 day SHRED!

In my search for an AM workout video, I chose the 30 day shred because is is only 18 minutes long. I have 18 minutes that I can commit to exercising each morning, it is just a matter of doing the dishes and packing lunch/snacks before I go to bed (and cutting out my am blog reading/zoning out in front of the computer). Everyone has 18 minutes, you just have to prioritize, and right now this is it for me! :)
Anyway, I read quite a few reviews before ordering The Shred from Amazon and after day 1/level 1 this morning, I can tell you they were all correct! I may be overweight, but I am in pretty good shape, running a 10:46 minute mile, working out 5 times a week, and I take an ab class on Mondays that I swear each week may just kill me - but this lady is tough stuff! The Shred is fast paced (but not so fast you can't catch what you are supposed to be doing), and that 18 minutes is HARD!
Just when you want to quit and rest Jillian is telling you how a 400 lb person can do this so you can too! That this is when change happens, right when it burns the most, and reminding you that you get out of it what you put in! That stuff kept me motivated, and I am proud to say there was no quitting this morning! I'm not sure about the claim to loose up to 20 lbs in 30 days, but I can tell you that in 18 minutes I was sweating and I will be giving this DVD a try for the next 30 days!
Have you guys tried the shred? How did you like it?
Or if not, what are some of your favorite (QUICK) workout DVDs?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have owed you my list of favorites! So here we go: Winsor Pilates DVDs (almost all of them are 20 minutes, they feel good and you will seriously get killer abs); Denise Austin Personal Training System (the workouts are separated into 10 minute segments - arms, abs, legs and cardio - you can customize your workout to do just one, two or all - once you're past the fact that the woman is way to happy to be working out and her ques are a little off, this is seriously one of my favorites because the workout is good); The Bar Method DVDs (these are 45 minute workouts, but I often do just the first 20 minutes 'cause I don't have time for the whole thing - you stretch in between each set, so you can stop in the middle easily and you still get a great workout whether you do the whole thing or just part of it - this is my all time favorite); Yoga Zone collection (these are perfect 20 minute yoga sessions - some difficult, some easier - they have great instructors and it's hard to find a good 20 minute yoga DVD - these are it!). So there you have it - my 'go to' videos! Happy working out!

Syl said...

I have done the shred straight through the 30 days twice! I love it, I'm not a fan of level 2 but love 1 & 3!
I still do the shred as a go to workout, I woud recommend it to anyone. I always feel so accomplished after doing it!
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.

Unknown said...

Hey Christy, I just read an interview with Jillian and thought you might like it. :)

http://www.californiawomen.org/jillian-michaels-on/