Sunday, March 7, 2010

My first two new restaurants of the year

Okay, I have two Seattle area restaurants to add toward my goal of visiting 5  -

A Caribbean sandwich shop in Fremont; Paseo features a crazy long line, they only takes cash, and they are closed on Sundays and Mondays, but I have to tell you, it was love at first bite!  I grabbed this pic off of flickr because I was too busy eating to even think of my camera, Paseo is really that good.  :)  Our friends scored a table inside (I think there are only 4 or 5, so be prepaired to take your food to go), and we chowed down on four of the *Most Popular* Cuban roast sandwiches.  They are messy,  napkins need to be at the ready, but the food is so good you may just be tempted to lick your fingers instead of politely wiping.  :)  (Don't say I didn't warn you!)  lol....

Today I met some girlfriends at the Portage Bay Cafe in Ballard.  They feature local and organic food - all of which was DIVINE!
Might I just make one suggestions?
Order the French Toast.
They have a toppings bar featuring fresh fruit and organic maple syrup, all kinds of lovely eggs and juices, the staff was amazing, the restaurant light and airy, we loved it!  The line for Sunday afternoon brunch was long, and they don't take reservations, but call ahead and have your name added to the list, it cut our wait time down to 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Coffeeintherain said...

testing - I'm sorry, I have no idea why comments aren't working!