Monday, October 10, 2011

A race?

My morning started with push-ups, a four egg white omelet and two pieces of turkey bacon (from Trader Joes - great flavor, but a little too salty).
Sadly I have to report that the goal of three training sessions wont happen this week, but after meeting with the gym management today I am feeling pretty hopeful for Wednesday.  I stuck to the rest of my goals today though, and worked in a 2.5 mile run with what was left of my lunch hour.

Back at my desk I was CRAVING chocolate, I had to force myself to eat my lunch and not run out for sweets!  Lunch, snack, and a 'fun' handful of hot tamales - how did that candy sneak in!???!!!  I literally haven't eaten any candy in maybe two months?  That is an accomplishment in my workplace, so the guilt/disappointment out weighted the candy delight. :(
Anyway!  I think I am going to sign up for a 5k to do on my birthday!  This one actually:
http://www.runscared5k.com/
I have done one other 5k, but I was walking it with friends - this time it is just me, on my birthday!  I think I am going to register tomorrow!!!  :)
My goal for the race?  No walking!



No comments: