Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bainbridge in Bloom (aka Bloedel Reserve)

We tried! We really did! Sunday we took the ferry over to Bainbridge, our goal destination (the Bloedel Reserve) carefully charted on google maps, and we arrived, we were there, I saw a sign!
And yet, we somehow ended up on the Bainbridge in Bloom Garden Tour rather than in the Bloedel Reserve.
We asked directions for tickets, and followed the map provided, really I didn 't realize we were in the wrong place until the second house when it became more obvious that we were trapsing through peoples gardens. (Though, you can't blame me, the first garden came with directions like 'through the white trellis, past the apple orchard, to the zen garden...')
Ours was a happy mistake though, and I have to wonder, what do these people do for a living???
These were gardens the likes of which I have never seen in real life, magazine gardens if you will, each more beautiful than the last.
We had a great time!
(Though I still want to see the Bloedel Reserve!) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures - how beautiful! I want a garden like that!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful! ;D
;D Jess