Saturday, July 18, 2009

A food day

I have found a new love. (Sorry honey, you have been ousted by whipped yogurty air!)
David and I started the day out at the gym, but on our way home some friends called to join them at the Bite of Seattle, a huge summer festival involving tons of food booths, people, a few crafty booths, bands, and far too much sunshine! lol... We had a great time, and managed to limit ourselves to only two servings of Yogurt Shnoo.
We came home, I took a nap and then made some tastiness of my own:

I was talking on the phone and shopping yesterday (a terrible habit), and managed to come home with some fat free asiago sourdough bread. Don't ask how they made it fat free, that question I simply cannot answer, but while I thought it tasty, David compared it's springiness to a seat cushion and attempted to toss it out.
I rescued the somewhat indestructible bread and gave it new direction! I sliced and drizzled, added some chopped tomatoes, olives, mozzarella, and a little pesto, tossed the mess under the broiler for a few minutes. 8-10 minutes later we had a tasty snack!
But then everything is good with a little cheese right? :)

No comments: